.

.

Monday, December 5, 2011

18 Weeks

A lazy weekend was just what M and I needed, and thankfully that was what we got.  Friday night, I willed myself off the couch when M got home to go eat and finally pick out our Christmas tree.  I was still having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit... It had been in the mid 70's all day.  But once we got the ornaments out and put the Christmas music on, I started to get into it.  I was on call Friday night until early Saturday morning, but was fortunately not called in... So we spent the whole evening decorating.

Early Saturday morning I woke Matthew up at 6:15... "Baby wake up!  I just felt the baby move!"  I know, I'm awful to wake up my husband that early, but it was the first time I had felt the baby, and I was just too excited not to share.  Since we were already up, we decided to head out and get some Christmas shopping done before the crowds got too bad.  It was a great decision.  We spent the afternoon at the Russells watching UK beat UNC!!  And the SEC Championship game.  Much needed lazy Saturday.  

Nothing else much going on here.  We're counting down the days until Christmas and finding out what Baby Hardison is!  Our ultrasound is December 19th, but we're going to wait and not find out until we are with our family on Christmas Eve.  Don't know how I'm going to wait 5 days, but my friend Kelly is taking the envelope from me and calling the bakery to get a cake made....I know, a million and one people have done gender reveal cakes in the last couple of years...but ever since I heard of the idea a couple of years ago, I decided I wanted to do that when the time came for us.  So, I don't care that it's "old", I'm incredibly excited about it!  Then we will start the difficult task of cleaning out our catch all room that never became a guest room and will now become the nursery so that our child will actually have a space in this house.  It may take a few weeks :)  Hope everyone has a good week.  At least the hard part (Monday) is over!

Able to go for a 7-8 foot tree this year.  Loving the extra height!

If this isn't a face saying, "I can't wait for Christmas"..I don't know what is.


18 weeks. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres farm
Your Xmas tree looks very nice.
We look forward to seeing you all during the holidays.