.

.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bigs and Little

This past weekend we had last minute Nashville visitors! Hooray! We will always welcome weekend guests and will do everything short of begging... or maybe not stop short of it :) My good friends Aimee Crick and Katherine Garman came to visit Matthew and me here in the 'Ham. Let me give you a little background:

Aimee and I pledged together back in the Fall of 2005 as seen below :)


Aimee is the one on the far left.. Next to her is my sophomore year roommate Emily Rickard (also a huge Kentucky fan), and of course my best friend from childhood Heather Mabry Clendenin...I know we look ridiculously young

Aimee and I also lived together in Royal Arms aka Lipscomb Campus Extended for two years together and I miss it! Aimee was also a bridesmaid in our wedding. KG or Katherine was my second little sister in Pi Delta. Aimee and I met her early on in Katherine's freshman year and did everything in our power to convince her to pledge Pi Delta...and it worked! Once we had reeled her in, Aimee at first decided she wanted to take Katherine as her little sister. I wasn't so sure I was going to be able to juggle all my responsibilities with pledging, not to mention school, to take a little... but I decided Katherine was worth it! So we shared her.

Katherine has known Matthew pretty much her entire life. Her family used to live in Lexington but they moved away when Katherine was 2. Fortunately, the Hardisons and the Garmans kept up with each other over the years. Let's just say that Katherine was the only pledge that received Kentucky memorabilia amongst all her Pi Delta stuff on Big Sis Night!


Katherine and me at Luau my senior year



Just the three of us... Four if you count Lexi (Laura I know you don't)

Anyway...Matthew and I were elated about having these weekend guests! They got to our apartment around 6 Friday night. We were all pretty hungry so we headed to Cocina Superior which is a trendy Mexican restaurant in Brookwood Village (near Samford). After dinner we headed back to our apartment and hung out there all night, playing games (Taboo!), watching TV, and eating yummy blackberry cobbler (that Geoff nor Katherine ate.... who doesn't like cobber!?) We went to bed at a decent hour ( Past 2 AM!...I haven't stayed up that late since I pulled all nighters for Anatomy exams... 4 years ago!)

Saturday morning, Matthew and I were up at 10:15 and agreed that we would let them sleep till 11:00 but no later :) Matthew and I had prepared a quiche ahead of time and decided to make pancakes as well for Saturday morning breakfast (which ended up being brunch). We coerced Katherine into eating some quiche even though she didn't want to, and I think she ended up liking it... picky people and their weird food habits?! After showering we decided to go see the 3D version of the new Disney/Pixar movie UP. My favorite part of the movie: the minute and a half preview for.... TOY STORY 3! Who else is pumped about this? But seriously, one of the greatest kids movies ever made (almost as good as Care Bears.. ha) Here's a little teaser for you!





However, the movie was fantastic! I encourage everyone to go see it! And I didn't even get motion sick with the 3D...it was a banner day for me! After the movie, we took Aimee and Katherine to NEWKS to eat. If you are an avid reader of this blog you know how much we love this restaurant. Unfortunately after dinner they had to hit the road to head back to the 'Ville. It was a great 24 hours! We loved having them as our first "no family" guest! Come Back SOON!

1 comment:

Laura K. said...

i guess i'll take it as the last "family" guest since i missed out as the first non-family guest. right?
THANKS for the shout-out. and you're right; i don't count her.
but on a positive note, from far away, she's almost cute.
;)
seriously- stoked for the shout out.