.

.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pregnancy Diaries #1

I mentioned before that I had written a post or two while we were keeping our secret under wraps...  Here is the post I wrote when I was 6 weeks pregnant!  Also, I hope to upload the videos of telling our family in the next couple of days!


Today, I am 6 weeks pregnant.  I know, since when did I get old enough to carry another human being inside of me??  Most of the time I think it's completely strange, aside from the fact that I think it's incredibly awesome.  I tell Matthew that most days I don't feel pregnant.  Miscounting that I make multiple trips to the restroom, I'm all of sudden clumsy and tired.  Plus this enhanced sense of smell thing has totally wigged me out.  There are just certain things you don't want to smell, especially when you're a nurse...trust me on this.  

I guess I will eventually post this on the blog when our big secret is finally out.  I just wanted to keep an account of the pregnancy, mostly for me, but I figure Baby H might eventually think it's cool to read this, or he/she (But I really think it's a He) will most likely think it's embarrassing...  Now, I'm thinking how weird it is that I will soon have a child that I will be able to embarass at some point down the road...

I'm feeling pretty good.  A couple of days after we found out, I noticed that I was slightly more tired.  Nothing major, I was just asleep within minutes of crawling into bed at night, whereas it used to take 30 minutes or so.  The last two days have been a different story.  Yesterday, I told Matthew that I was feeling more tired than usual.  An exhausted feeling that I have really never felt, and that only women who have had babies could probably understand.  Today, I was tired after being up about an hour, and as soon as we got home from church, I was asleep within minutes, and didn't wake up for 2.5 hours. 
 
I'm still feeling nervous that this pregnancy may not "stick".  I know, worrying about it doesn't help anything, and I'm sure the stress is not good for me or the baby.   You would think being a nurse, I would be slightly more calm, but I think the extra knowledge makes a lifetime worrier go from bad to worse.   I'm so irrationally superstitious that I won't even write down the due date in my calendar!   I told Matthew today that I was a little nervous because I hadn't started feeling really sick yet, and that in my book it said that most women if they get sick, will start to feel bad around week 6.  It also said that women who were really sick were less likely to miscarry... After reading that, my mind was in overdrive.  M said that I was the only person he knew that would actually worry about not getting sick during pregnancy.  He's probably right... I'm certifiably crazy.

The mood swings have been interesting.  Some days I'm so incredibly excited, and then other days I tell Matthew that I feel a bit sad that "our time" is coming to a close.  It won't be just us two for a long time.  I suppose that sounds selfish, but I figure I can blame part of it on the hormones, or all of it :)   Of course our lives are going to be turned upside down, but I've never heard anyone say it wasn't worth it.   Either way, God has blessed us tremendously.  We have the privilege of soon becoming parents... how awesome is that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
Thank you sharing your feelings with us. we look forward to the updates.