.

.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pregnancy Diaries #2- Family Reveal!

Once M and I found out we were pregnant we tried to think of creative ways to tell our families.  We knew that we had to do it in person, and it just so happened that Benj and Morgan's wedding fell when we were 9 weeks pregnant...long enough that we felt comfortable telling family. 

The Set-Up: Luckily for both of us both of our dad's birthdays fell within a couple of weeks of the wedding, a good excuse to have them open a gift....My parents were coming to the wedding already because my dad was officiating the ceremony.  We decided to tell my parents on Friday, the day before the wedding, while we were at my grandparents house.   We designed a t-shirt online for dad that on the front had a check mark and written beside it "Have a Grandkid".  And on the back it said, "Mission Accomplished May 2012."  It took them a little while to get it...most likely because they were pretty shocked to hear that sort of news!  But it was incredibly fun!


For Matthew's family, we decided to wrap up a frame with the picture of the ultrasound in it.  M was actually at Wal-Mart with his brothers and dad the day of the wedding, and I reminded him that we needed a frame for the ultrasound.  So he picked one up, and while they were checking out M's dad tried to pay for it. Ha.  M, however, insisted that he needed to pay for it.  We decided to wait until after the wedding to tell M's family, we wanted the day to be completely about Morgan and Benj and did not want to take anything away from them.  So before bed, M and I persistently asked everyone if we could meet and talk about Christmas schedules.  David at first thought that he was just getting the frame that he had tried to pay for earlier in the day...until he looked a little closer at what was inside of it!



For my siblings, I had decided that I would wait and tell them in person the next weekend when I came up to surprise all of them for little Matthew's play.  Dad knew all of this of course.. but Mom didn't really understand why I was waiting to tell Ash and Buddy when everyone else in the family knew.  Thankfully, Ashley's birthday had been about 2 weeks beforehand so in her birthday card I wrote a note and then had a big arrow to point to the back of the card that said, "Surprise, You're going to be an AUNT!".  Her reaction was by far the best.  We couldn't have had more fun telling our families our big news! 

5 comments:

whit said...

Your videos made me tear up a little. Soooo cute! I especially love your dad's bday one. :)

Unknown said...

I loved watching all of these SO MUCH :) So excited for you guys and all of the reactions were so sweet! Loved Ashley and Matthews! See you guys soon :)

Renee said...

Andrea! Thank you for sharing these videos. Congratulations to you!

Anonymous said...

Great blog. Love the videos. See you next week. Love, Dad

Crystal said...

Your videos are priceless, what a blessing to be able to capture those moments! Loved watching these