.

.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pregnancy Diaries #3

This is the post I wrote when I was 9 weeks pregnant.  Unfortunately, I'm feeling worse today than I  was I was feeling on that day.  Currently unsure if it is a virus or Baby H has decided to make sure we're all aware that he/she is still around.  I've been holed up in bed since midday on Friday.  As long as I'm better before Thursday, I'm ok.  We're also keeping watch on our 1st child (Lexi) since we just gave her a sedative.  We got them from the vet to give it to her before we take her on the plane Thursday (yes, we're paying money to fly our dog...long story that basically ends with we love her too much to have her boarded).. Anyway, the vet suggested that we try out the medicine early to see how she reacts to it.  We're now 2 hours in and haven't seen an ounce of difference.  2 minutes ago she was jumping up and down in front of the refrigerator begging for a piece of ice.  I'm thinking we might need to call the vet and ask her if we can up the dosage.  All that said...here's the old post!


October 2, 2011

Today I am 9 weeks pregnant....and homesick.  Oh, and remember that time I said I hadn't been sick?  I take it all back.  It hasn't been Zofran worthy, but it's definitely been enough to make me feel miserable about 40% of the time.   It hits most of the time in the afternoons.  I feel fine all day at work, which is a huge blessing, but once I'm home I start to feel super queasy.  Only managed to "get sick" once...hoping it never happens again.  Although that one time, I actually did feel better afterwards. 
 
I have very weird food aversions.  Mexican is a big no-no, which is a shame considering it's definitely one of my favorite types of food.  Seafood sounds absolutely disgusting, the thought of eating anything combining cheese and bread has me considering heading to the bathroom to upchuck, and eggs...gross.  Ice cream is my new favorite food.  Why it couldn't have been smoothies or something a little healthier is beyond me.  

We have been to the doc twice now.  First appointment there was nothing much going on.  But the second time we got to see Baby H, although at first I couldn't see him/her and thought to myself that I was barren.  But then the ultrasound tech steadied enough that we could see the heartbeat... coolest thing I have ever seen.  Baby H measured a little behind what we were thinking for due date... I'm somewhere between 9 weeks today and Thursday.  She said that next time we'll have a better idea.  We have another appointment in a little over a week.  Our doc's office has an ultrasound machine in house, so we get an ultrasound everytime for free if we want,  why not?!  

We have the option to find out the sex now if we wanted to.  Matthew's job is fortunately and unfortunately related to this kind of thing.   We could run a genetic test at his work for free and find out boy/girl.  But, I think I've decided to wait a few more weeks until I feel like I'm out of the miscarriage window.   Thankfully I don't have to sit in Matthew's conferences at work where they discuss certain cases/patients who have suffered from various/rare genetic conditions.  Sorry, honey, but I actually DON'T want to hear about your day!  

We had an exciting weekend getting to tell our parents about the baby.  To say my parents were shocked would be an understatement.  Their reaction was pretty priceless.   Some of Matthew's family said they say it coming, J and K, but it was still somewhat of a surprise I think :)  I will post the videos we took of how we spilt the beans at some point. 

Let’s talk about how incredible my husband is for a minute.  He deserves some recognition for being a total champ so far.  There have been weekends where I couldn’t get enough energy to do the laundry, and you could forget the bathrooms…but he has been so helpful.  Multiple times I’ve looked up at him with tears of exhaustion and said, “I’m sorry, I feel like I’m a deadbeat of a wife”.  To which he sweetly replies, “I don’t think it’s lazy that you’re tired from carrying around another human being!”  I really could not ask for a better partner.  All I have to do is barely get out the word nauseated and he’s already headed to the kitchen to get Sprite and crackers.  I can already tell he’s going to be the most incredibly father.

I'm currently sitting in the Atlanta airport on the way back from Benj and Morgan's fabulous wedding weekend bemoaning the fact that I'm about to leave the South, my home, and head back into the extreme heat of Houston.   Visiting with family this weekend made both of us a little more homesick, me especially...stupid hormones.   But it's alright, in 31 weeks we will be close to bringing our CHILD into this world.   I can't really complain, except for the fact that the Chinese place down the terminal is close to making me lose my lunch :) 

No comments: